Last updated on December 3rd, 2017 at 04:42 pm
An Indestructible dog bed could be the blessing that could help you with the destructive behavior of your dog. Dogs are usually referred to as “man’s best friend” for many reasons but the one that stands out is the companionship they offer their owners. It is common to find dog owners spending time and money to make their pet’s lives as comfortable as possible as a way of giving back to them for their loyalty. Some of the ways to express love to your dog is by making sure that they have a good rest whenever they need it. For this to happen, you will likely need to invest in a good bed for them and one that meets their needs. Fortunately, there are a number of dog beds available from pet stores that are ideal for most dogs and affordable too.
Nevertheless, it is good to be aware of the destructive nature of dogs when it comes to their personal items. Many dogs will chew, scratch, rip, bite or even defecate on their beds resulting in their damage within a few months or even weeks of their purchase. It is for this reason that many dog owners are investing in indestructible chew resistant dog beds, which are known to withstand many of the destructive activities that dogs do on a regular basis. These beds are ideal for most dogs and have been built to be durable and comfortable for them. If your dog is damaging the crate too, and you are looking for a heavy duty crate, we have got you covered with our guide on top 5 indestructible dog crates.
About Indestructible dog bed
It is a fact that dogs have destructive behaviors that are part of their nature and thus cannot be wished away by pet owners. Most times, dog owners do their best to minimize the effects of the bad behavior so that they can enjoy the good times they have with their pet. It is for this reason that items such as chew proof beds have been made for dogs so that they can rest well without destroying their sleeping area.
Although, the majority of the sleeping products available for dogs are referred to as beds, there are some that are cots because of their overall design. When compared to beds that are usually placed on the floor when spread out for use, cots are a bit more elevated which keeps your dog from getting wet when it rains and dirty when spending time outdoors. On the other hand, there are cushion beds that mostly focus in keeping the dog as comfortable as possible while at the same time providing orthopedic support.
These dog beds are made from a variety of materials that can be able to withstand the different destructive habits that are common with dogs. The materials used in their structure and design have been specifically chosen to balance between comfort and strength so that your dog can use for an extended time period. Majority of the materials used are strong, waterproof, dirt resistant, odor resistant, hypoallergenic material and offer orthopedic support to the dog among others. It is also possible to find these dog beds made from recycled material but still of very good quality. Furthermore, the beds can be used indoors as well as outdoors for the benefit of the animal. Even so, it is good to note that the best indestructible dog beds can be a bit costly but the benefits are worth it in the long run.
Best Heavy duty Dog Beds
1. Big Barker 7” Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed for Large and Extra Large Breed Dogs (Headrest Edition)
If you have a large dog, this is the ideal indestructible bed for them because of its size and the use of foam in its
design. It has been hand-crafted to provide weight support in the most precise manner resulting in comfort and durability that it unmatched. Furthermore, its appearance is appealing because of its velvet cover which is soft on the skin and can still be removed and easily cleaned after being used for an extended time period. Some of the outstanding features of the bed are:
- 10-year guarantee which includes foam that will retain 90% of its original shape
- Trusted brand of Big Barker
- It is orthodpedic
- 100% Microfiber cover that is machine washable.
- Available in Large, XL, and Giant sizes which are specially designed for big dogs.
- Made by craftsmen in USA with over 30 years experience
- Made with high quality American foam that will not flatten over time.
Big Barker 7” Pillow Top Orthopedic Dog Bed for small and medium Dogs (Headrest Edition)
They also have an edition for small and medium dogs which has all the same great features but just smaller in size.
- It is available in burgundy, purple and khaki colors
- Ideal for small to medium sized dogs between 20 and 50 pounds
- For smaller sized dogs, 27 x18 size is recommended and for medium sized dogs , 33 x 21 size is recommended
- Same 10 year guarantee that is provided on the larger versions
- Especially calibrated for smaller dogs
- It is an orthopedic dog bed which means great support for your dogs joints.
2. XXL Extra Large Dog Beds – Orthopedic Memory Foam & GEL Memory Foam Dog Bed from Pet Support Systems
This is extra large dog bed will be able to hold all the weight of your pet and still keep them comfortable whenever they sleep on it. It has been recommended by many dog trainers as one of the best orthopedic beds in the market and a good investment for pert owners. The main advantages of the bed is that it has been constructed using quality materials such as American foam which helps it retain its shape and also provide support especially at the base of the bed. The company pet support systems also has some good quality dog beds for smaller dogs.
The qualities of this bed include:
- Use of manufacturing and comfort technology in its design
- Made from high density 4 lb memory foam
- Water resistant inner lining
- 30 day 100% satisfaction guarantee
- 3 year manufacturer warranty on materials and workmanship
3. K9 Ballistics Original TUFF Bed
This is a tough dog bed that is popularly sold in red color which makes it look attractive and easily blend in when
inside the home. It is made from one of the toughest materials in the market which include a Velcro closure of industrial strength which can be found under the bed. The corners of the bed have also been reinforced with ballistic material to make them stronger making it hard for any dog to chew through or damage. This bed can be used by both big and small dogs that have a habit of chewing as it can resist the damage often caused by the activity. This bed is ideal for light to moderate chewers. For heavy chewers, I would recommend some of the other tough beds mentioned in this article.
- Double stitched seams for extra strength
- Made with durable rip stop ballistic fiber
- Resistant to water, dirt, odor, tear and hair
- Specifically designed for light to moderate chewers
- Well filled inner cushion that is channeled to resist clumping
- Available in sizes small, medium, large, Xl and XXL
- Color options are black, blue, green , red, tan, marine blue stripe, sunny sky stripe although red is the most popular one
4. Durable Orthopedic Waterproof Memory Foam Pet Dog Bed
This indestructible bed targets pet owners that are looking for an affordable yet high-quality sleeping product for their dogs. The bed is made from quality material and provides comfort to the dog regardless of their size because of the use of good quality foam in its construction. Also, the double layer of fabric used in its construction reduces the chances of it getting damaged by water or any other types of dirt which makes it quite ideal for dogs which can at times engage in destructive behavior while on the bed.
- 4″ thick 3.2 lbs high-density memory foam with orthopedic rating
- Fabric covers available in two layers
- Machine washable and dryable cover
- Super comfort external fabric cover with zipper in gusset style design
- Superior quality 100% 4″ single layer solid Therapeutic
- Waterproof internal zipper
- Available in 5 colors and 7 sizes to fit all sizes and needs
They have got a sale currently running which is giving you discount of between 20 to 50%. Hurry up to take advantage of this promotion
5. K9 Ballistics Chew Proof Aluminum Cujo Cot (Pre-Assembled)
If you have a dog that persistently chews on anything they can get their paws on, then this is one of the ideal beds for them. For most dog owners, this cot is considered to be their last chance at getting a good bed for their dogs that will withstand constant chewing and last for an extended time period. In addition, cleaning it is easy whether it has been used indoors or outside. The Cujo cot is available in different sizes namely small, medium, large, extra large and extra extra large. It can also be bought in a variety of colors such as blue, black, green, red, tan, marine blue stripe and sunny sky stripe giving pet owners an opportunity to buy the one that fits the needs of their dog. I personally love the green one. It looks great and is dark enough to hide any stains. However, the only downside to this dog bed is that it is not as comfortable as the other indestructible beds mentioned in this article.
Some of the well-known features of the cot are:
- Aluminum construction of all frames plus use of durable rip-stop ballistic fibers on other parts
- Chew proof cujo cot (aluminum material which is ideal for persistent chewers)
- Clean easily using water hose
- Raised designed for outdoor or indoor use (Ideal cooling bed in hotter months)
- Requires minimal assembly (only the legs are screwed on)
- Resistant to water, hair, dirt, tear and odor
Overall, finding the best indestructible beds is possible but will need a bit of effort to decide on the best one for your dog. There are a number of online stores as well as those at physical locations that have them on sale, making it easier to browse through what is available and make an informed decision before purchasing. We have reduced the burden on you by doing the research part and selecting the best options for your Fido. All you need to do is select the one for your needs. All the best!